Tabs

  • Recipes
  • Couponing Tips
  • Publix Deals
  • Weekly Publix Penny Items
  • Mailbox Freebies
  • Publix Ad Match Ups

    Wednesday, November 28, 2012

    Kara's Publix Trip 11/28/12

    Hey everybody! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I spent lots of time with family and stuffed myself til I was nearly sick lol. Then I enjoyed some shopping with my mom, sister and boyfriend from 8 pm to 6:30 am. I LOVE Black Friday! It excites me so much and I know a lot of people say it's crazy and I agree, it is, but I look forward to it all year long! I'm sure it has something to do with getting the same rush as when I'm at the checkout counter with all my coupons. And we all know how addicting that rush is lol. I was finally able to snatch some towels up this year before they were all gone and that was a big accomplishment! We needed the towels last year, but didn't get to them in time so this year it was number one on the list! Do you know how difficult it is to dry off with towels that have holes all in them? lol they were much needed! We was actually able to get everything we were after this year so it was a lot of fun, but very tiring!
     
    I didn't get to Publix last week because of Thanksgiving which was fine because we had everything we needed for our Thanksgiving dinner and we had plenty of leftovers so I didn't have to worry about supper for a few nights. I did go to Publix today though and it's a good thing because my dad ate the last of the oreos from my shopping trip the week before last and he had no other snacks in the house (He can seriously eat anything and everything and not gain a pound! Makes me so jealous!) and we needed some things for supper the rest of the week!
     
    The Publix ad this week wasn't great and I didn't do my best, but I'm still proud of it so here it is!
     
    Total before coupons - $245.49
    Total after coupons - $126.57
    Total Savings - $118.92
     
     
    It doesn't look like a whole lot (maybe that's just me?), but the meat was where most of the money went!
     
    Here's what all I got:
     
    6 - Chips Ahoy Cookies
    3 - Pepperidge Farm Bread
    2 - Mrs. Pauls Seafood Entrees
    2 - Juicy Juice 8pk.
    4 - Cheez-It Crackers
    5 - Stouffer's Frozen Entrees
    7 - Snuggle Fabric Softener
    4 - A&W Diet Root Beer
    4 - Rice Krispies Cereal
    1 - Publix Gallon Milk (free wyb 4 cereals)
    2 - Lysol Cleaners
    1 - baby carrots
    2 - 3ct. Garlic
    1 - Progresso Recipe Starter
    1 - Publix Garlic Powder
    1 - Publix Basil
    1 - 4pk Green Giant Peas
    1 - Publix Bleach (penny item!!!!)
    2 - Gardien meals
    1 - Birthday Card
    2 - Pkgs. Mueller Egg Noodles
    1 - Boston Butt Roast
    1 - Chuck Roast
    1 - Top Sirloin Steak
     
    Here's the menu plan for tonight and the rest of this week:
     **You can view the recipe by clicking on it**
     
    Tonight
     
    Thursday
     
    Friday
     
    Saturday
    Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
    (I can't find the recipe I use, but I'll keep looking!)
     
    Sunday
    Stouffer's Frozen Entree
     
    My menu may change depending on leftovers.
     
    I'd love to see any good deals you got or some new recipe ideas!
     
    Thanks for stopping by!
     
    -Kara


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    We love hearing from our readers!