Tabs

  • Recipes
  • Couponing Tips
  • Publix Deals
  • Weekly Publix Penny Items
  • Mailbox Freebies
  • Publix Ad Match Ups

    Friday, November 16, 2012

    Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats

    I'm so excited to share these homemade pumpkin dog treats with you! They are healthy and your dog will love them and love you for making them! It's a fairly simple recipe and they are pretty fun to make. We made two batches the other night and the dogs have ate nearly all of them so I made another batch tonight.
     
     
     
    Here's what you'll need
     
    1/2 cup canned pumpkin
    7 tbsp water
    2 tbsp molasses
    1/3 cup oats (optional)
    2 tbsp vegetable oil
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    2 cups whole wheat flour
    1 tsp cinnamon
     
     
    Directions:
     
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
     
    2. Mix the pumpkin, molasses, vegetable oil and water together in a bowl.
     
     
    3. Add the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon & oats to the mixture.
     
     
    4. Stir all that until it's all mixed together. The dough should be soft. I found it easiest if I just used my hands, but you can do it however you prefer.
     
     
     
    5. Take some parchment or wax paper and lay it out. (I used parchment paper and put some whole wheat flour on it.)
     
     
    6. Pat the dough out with your hand then use a roller (or cup) and roll the dough out flat.
     
     
     
    6. Use a cookie cutter (if you don't have one you can just make balls and then flatten them out like cookies!) and cut out the treats from the dough.
     
    **I got my dog bone cookie cutter, along with a dog treat recipe, from Target in the dollar bins. Score!!!**
     
     
    7. Place them on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
     
     
     
     
    8. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the dough is hardened.
     
     
    9. Let cool!
     
     
     
    **These are chewy, but I still don't give my dogs the whole treat because they turned out pretty big and I don't want them to choke on them.**
     
    I hope your dogs enjoy these as much as my dogs do! Thanks for stopping by!!
     
    **Be sure your dogs have no food allergies before giving these to them**
     
    - Kara


    1 comment:

    1. I am impressed, I've to say. I hardly ever discover a blog that is both informative and entertaining. And let me inform you, you might have hit the nail on the head. I am very completely satisfied that I stumbled throughout this in my search for something regarding it.

      ReplyDelete

    We love hearing from our readers!