Tabs

  • Recipes
  • Couponing Tips
  • Publix Deals
  • Weekly Publix Penny Items
  • Mailbox Freebies
  • Publix Ad Match Ups

    Thursday, February 7, 2013

    Japanese Steakhouse Style Fried Rice & Yum Yum (Shrimp) Sauce Recipe

    Ok, y'all, I'm going to share my all time favorite recipe with y'all tonight....Japanese fried rice and yum yum or shrimp sauce! I also made teriyaki zucchini and baked sweet & sour chicken:) Anthony & I have it at least once a month and it saves us a ton of money, we used to go out to Japanese Steakhouses but now we just make it at home! I always have to make a huge double batch of the rice & sauce though because there are several guys Anthony work with that beg me to make it for them as well! haha:) It's pretty simple and can be tweaked to suit almost anyone's tastes. I always cook my white rice and prepare the sauce the night before, it tastes much better after sitting overnight in the fridge. I hope y'all enjoy it as much as we all do!
     
     
     
    Yum Yum or Shrimp Sauce
     
    Ingredients
    • 1 1/4 cup Hellman's Mayonnaise
    • 1/4 cup water
    • 1 1/2 TBS melted butter
    • 1 TBS tomato paste
    • 1/2 TSP garlic powder
    • 1 TSP sugar
    • 1 TSP paprika
    • 1/4 TSP cayenne, or to taste
     
    Instructions
    1. In a blender (I use a blender bottle from GNC that I bought for protein shakes lol) add mayo, water, melted butter, garlic powder, sugar, paprika and cayenne.
    2. Blend until well mixed.
    3. Refrigerate at least 4 hours for flavors to mingle, overnight is best
    4. Serve with fried rice, shrimp, chicken, veggies...a leather boot, whatevs....it's that good! haha;)
     
     
     
     
    Japanese Fried Rice
    Ingredients
    • 3 - 4 cups cooked white rice (day old is best, that's why I cook it the night before!)
    • 3 TBS sesame oil
    • 1 TBS butter
    • 3/4 - 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
    • 1 small onion
    • 2 TSP minced garlic
    • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
    • 1/3 cup soy sauce, or to taste
    • optional, toasted sesame seeds, to taste 
     
    Instructions
    1. On medium-high heat, heat the oil and butter in a large skillet or wok.
    2. Add peas & carrots mix, garlic and onion, stir fry until tender.
    3. While vegetables are cooking, place your eggs in a small skillet and cook until done.
    4. Add eggs, rice and soy sauce to your vegetable mixture and blend together well.
    5. Stir fry until thoroughly heated through.
    **You can totally play around with this recipe and add mushrooms, zucchini, or whatever to the vegetable mixture!** 
     
     
     
    Enjoy!
    -K.Goble
     
     
    

    1 comment:

    1. This sounds delish! I'm going to have to try it. My hubby and I love Asian food. By the way, I'm in Fayetteville so not too far from y'all. ;-)

      ReplyDelete

    We love hearing from our readers!