Tabs

  • Recipes
  • Couponing Tips
  • Publix Deals
  • Weekly Publix Penny Items
  • Mailbox Freebies
  • Publix Ad Match Ups

    Wednesday, December 5, 2012

    Kara's Kroger & Publix Trip! 12/5/12

    Hello! I hope you are having a fantastic week so far! I did my weekly shopping trip this morning and stocked up on quite a few things! I decided to shop Kroger this week too because Publix only had a few things in the ad that we needed and Kroger was having a better sale on meat. I get so confused with Kroger's coupon policy though and I never do as well as I'd like to when I shop there, but I still like to try because I'm confident that eventually it'll just click and i'll have it figured out!
     
    So here's how I did at Kroger:
     
    Before Coupons - $151.36
    After Coupons - $90.57
    Savings - $60.79
     
     
    I got:
     
    10 - All Laundry Detergents :)))))
    6 - Tombstone Pizza
    3 - Hamburger Helper
    2 - Quaker Cookies
    4 - Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
    2 - Progresso Recipe Starter (I found these on clearance!)
    2 - Campbell's Skillet Sauces
    1 - Kroger Hamburger Buns
    1 - Kroger Hotdog Buns
    1 - Kroger Loaf Bread
    2 - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
    1 - Fresh Ground Chuck
    2 - Hillshire Farm Sausage
    2 - Jimmy Dean Sausage
    1 - Kroger Large Eggs (free wyb sausage!)
     
     
    & here's how I did at Publix:
     
    Before Coupons - $133.11
    After Coupons -$58.67
    Savings - $74.44
     
     
    I got:
     
    7 - Angel Soft 12 Double Rolls Toilet Paper (so proud of these!)
    3 - Wisk Laundry Detergent
    4 - Dial Body Wash
    1 - 8pk. Juicy Juice
    1 - Publix Hot Chocolate  (penny item!!)
    5 - Foldger Coffee Refills
    4 - Simply Cut Potatoes
    1 - Lipton Green Tea
     
    My favorite things to stockpile are paper towels and anything laundry or bathroom related! It never gets old and you're always gonna need it! lol The toilet paper ended up being about .37 cents a roll which comes out to be approximately 0.011 cents per square foot. It was definitely a great stock up price! We were desperately needing to stock up on Laundry Detergent because we are about out so I was very glad that it was on sale this week!
     
    All total (Kroger & Publix) I was able to get $284.47 worth of groceries for $149.24! Savings of $135.23!
     
    I LOVE Coupons! :)
     
    Thanks for stopping by!
     
    -Kara
     


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    We love hearing from our readers!