Hey everybody! We wanted to take some time and show y'all our way of organizing coupons. This is the method that works best for us! Everybody is different and whatever works best for you is great! A lot of people like the binder method, however, we both tried that and it just didn't work out like we had hoped. We would get so confused and hated having to fold all of our coupons and stick them in baseball card sleeves. So, the search began for a new organization method...we decided on the 'box method'. Now, let me just say, we are in no way saying that our method is perfect but, like I said, it works for us!
We use a clear plastic box with a locking lid and handle, similar to the one shown below. These can be found at Wal-Mart, Dollar General and I've even seen them at Hobby Lobby.
We also use 4 1/8 x 9 1/2 (letter size) envelopes. We seal these shut then trim a little bit of the top off, just enough to open the envelope. Next, we take 3in x 5in index cards and write our categories (I'll include them at the bottom of this post!) on the top (turned diagonally ) then, we stick it inside the envelope so that our category is showing out the top. You do this for all of your categories so you can easily open your box and find the coupon you're looking for. :) Hope that makes sense! It's kind of hard to explain so here's a picture of Kayla's box.
**I apologize for the poor picture quality! My camera died so I had to use a cell phone.**
We like this method because we can easily flip through the index tabs to the category we are looking for and find the coupon we need. There's no folding needed! We can also keep our calculator, scissors, pens, notebook, and anything else we need inside it! The pink thing inside is where she keeps her receipts because she likes to keep them on file to look back on. We also carry a bigger expandable file folder with us to carry our Publix coupon booklets in and any other coupons we haven't clipped.
Now for the fun part! We are hosting our first giveaway! One lucky reader will get to try this method out because we are giving away a free coupon organizing kit! This kit includes a box, envelopes, index cards, calculator, scissors, pens, a notebook and an extra surprise! :) If you would like to enter, follow the directions on the rafflecopter form. This giveaway will start at 11:59PM on Saturday, January 19, and it ends on Sunday, January 27th at midnight. We will share this post again tomorrow, and through out the week, on Facebook to remind everybody! We just wanted to give everybody a heads up :) We are so excited!
- Air Fresheners (candles, reed diffusers)
- Baking (flour, sugar, oil, cake mix, frosting, chocolate chips, raisins, evaporated milk, shortening, etc.)
- Beauty (cosmetics, beauty tools, chapstick)
- Breakfast (cereal, oatmeal, toaster pastries, syrup, pancake mix, etc.)
- Cold Medicine (allergy medicine, pain releivers)
- Condiments (salad dressing, mayo, mustard, ketchup, soy sauce, etc.)
- Dish Washing (dishwasher detergent, liquid soap)
- Drinks (juice, drink mix, hot cocoa mix, creamer powder, coffee)
- Feminine Hygiene (pads, tampons, pregnancy tests, lubricant)
- First Aide (bandages, ointments)
- Frozen (veggies, pizza, meat, ice cream, rolls)
- Fruit (canned fruit, fruit cups, applesauce, etc.)
- Granola Bars (fruit snacks, energy bars, etc.)
- Hair Care (shampoo, conditioner, stylers)
- Laundry (detergent, fabric softener, bleach)
- Meat (canned meat, beef, chicken, pork, fish, etc.)
- Miscellaneous (lighters, batteries, office supplies)
- Oral Care (toothpaste, mouthwash, toothbrushes, whitening)
- Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, trash bags)
- Pasta (dry noodles, pasta sauces)
- Prepared Sides (rice, knorr, instant potatoes, country crock sides, etc.)
- Produce (fresh fruits, veggies and anything else in the produce section)
- Refrigerated (eggs, cheese, dairy, dips, etc.)
- Restaurants (fast food, fine dining)
- Reynolds (Ziploc, containers, wax paper)
- Snacks (crackers, chips, pretzels, popcorn, snack mix, cookies)
- Shaving (razors, shave cream)
- Soap (body wash, cleansers, bar soap)
- Soup (canned soup, broth and dry soup mix)
- Surface Cleaners (Lysol, Swiffer, 409, toilet cleaner, glass cleaner, etc.)
- Vegetables (canned vegetables, pickles, beans, etc.)